When should I make my claim for a birth injury?
Due to state laws dictating the limited period in which you are able to file a malpractice claim, it is imperative that you speak to a lawyer as soon as you become aware of your child’s birth injury. At the law Offices of Attorney Dan L& Partners, we can help you make a timely claim and fight for your rights. The dedicated attorneys at the Law Office of Attorney Dan Newlin are here to offer you their legal expertise and help you get through this difficult time. If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury as a result of someone else negligence in Chicago or the Suburbs you may be entitled to thousands of dollars for your injuries, lost wages, medical bills and long term care. At the Law Office of Attorney Dan Newlin Chicago, we have proudly recovered over 150 Million Dollars for injury and accident victims and we will fight for you!!!
At the law Offices of Attorney Dan Newlin, Chicago, we are honored to protect and fight for clients and their loved ones who are victims of a Brain Injury accident. As the son of a Chicago Steel worker and as a former police detective, Attorney Dan Newlin understands firsthand the importance of helping the good people of Northern Illinois and Chicago. Attorney Dan Newlin and his team of experienced Brain Injury lawyers will fight for you! We are a local law firm, serving all of Northern Illinois with our law offices located in downtown Chicago. No matter where you live in Illinois, Chicago or the Suburbs we are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days week, Attorney Dan Newlin or one of his experienced Brain Injury attorneys will be honored to meet you in person to advise you of all of your legal rights and will be honored to personally help you during this difficult time. If you have questions about your or your loved ones brain injury case call Attorney Dan Newlin now for a free consultation at 312-888-8000.
Although it’s possible your lawyer may recommend a delay in filing your claim, typically they will suggest you begin the process as soon as possible, even if you only suspect the occurrence of negligence or malpractice. The following are some of the many reasons your knowledgeable attorney will immediately get to work on your case:
- Typically, the deadlines established by the statute of limitations and statute of repose cannot be extended. Although in some states a judge may extend the period to file a claim when given a valid reason, you should not rely on this happening. In the majority of cases, filing just one day past the deadline will result in denial of your claim.
- Insurance companies will often only concern themselves with cases that have filed a claim. In the instance that you don’t file, they’ll consider it an empty threat and disregard your case.
- Gathering the necessary evidence and expert testimony takes time for your attorney. And it is important that all the pertinent facts are uncovered. For example, a woman in Utah suffered an injury to her sciatic nerve. She waited to contact an attorney until just before her deadline approached. Her attorney quickly filed suit against her surgeon. However, once her attorney received her medical records, he realized a hospital employee was to blame. By this time, the deadline to file a claim against the hospital had passed and the woman was not able to recover for her injury.
- Certain states will not even allow patients to obtain their own medical records, including x-rays, until a lawsuit has been filed. These records may be necessary to build a negligence case against your healthcare provider.
- Memories fade and records get lost over time. It is important to record witness testimony and gather records as soon as possible to ensure all pertinent information has been included in your negligence claim.
- Over time, scars and wounds heal and you become accustomed to your injury. But it is easier for juries to sympathize with someone whose injuries are apparent and whose pain and suffering is clear.
- Many claims never even make it to trial and are settled beforehand. However, these negotiations can take time. Your attorney will want to make sure your claim is “in the pipeline” in order to ensure your trial can progress without delay in case negotiations fail.
Filing a claim for a birth injury resulting from malpractice is an extremely time-sensitive process. You need the assistance of the skilled attorneys at the Law Offices of Attorney Dan Newlin to ensure the prompt filing of your claim. We know the laws surrounding malpractice and we will work hard to ensure that you receive the benefits and compensation that you are entitled to. My staff and I always consider it an honor to be contacted by the everyday people who are personally suffering with or have a loved one suffering with a brain injury as a result of someone else negligence, and we will always be ready to listen to all of your concerns over the damages and losses you have suffered as a result of you or your loved ones Brain Injury accident. Attorney Dan Newlin and his team of experienced Brain Injury lawyers will fight for you. No matter where you live in Illinois, Chicago or the Suburbs we are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days week, Attorney Dan Newlin or one of his experienced Brain Injury attorneys will be honored to meet you in person to advise you of all of your legal rights and will be honored to personally help you during this difficult time.
Attorney Dan Newlin and his experienced team of Chicago Brain Injury attorneys have proudly recovered over 150 Million Dollars for injury and accident victims.
If you have questions about your Brain Injury case call Attorney Dan Newlin now for a free consultation at 312-888-8000.