Should I bring my claim now or later?
Due to statutes establishing strict time limits in which you can file a lawsuit against healthcare providers, acting quickly may be in your best interest. Even if malpractice is only suspected in the injury your child suffered during birth, speaking with a skilled and qualified attorney is a good idea. Let an expert advise you on when you should file your claim. Attorney Dan Newlin and his experienced team of Chicago attorneys have proudly recovered over 150 Million Dollars for injury and accident victims. If you have questions about your or our loved ones cerebral palsy case call Attorney Dan Newlin now for a free consultation at 312-888-8000.
At the law Offices of Attorney Dan Newlin, Chicago, we are honored to protect and fight for clients and their loved ones who are dealing with cerebral palsy. As the son of a Chicago Steel worker and as a former police detective, Attorney Dan Newlin understands firsthand the importance of helping the good people of Northern Illinois and Chicago. Attorney Dan Newlin and his team of experienced lawyers will fight for you! We are a local law firm, serving all of Northern Illinois with our law offices located in downtown Chicago. No matter where you live in Illinois, Chicago or the Suburbs we are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days week, Chicago birth injury lawyer Dan Newlin, or one of his experienced Cerebral Palsy attorneys, will be honored to meet you in person to advise you of all of your legal rights and will be honored to personally help you during this difficult time.
Although in some cases delaying your claim may be advisable, the following list touches upon just some of the reasons why you should act as soon as possible.
- Some states will allow the statute of limitations to be extended by a judge if you can illustrate good reason for doing so. But you shouldn’t rely on this. Most of the time, if you are just one day past the deadline, your claim will be denied.
- Your attorney needs time to gather the facts of the case. For instance, there was a Utah woman whose sciatic nerve was injured during a surgical procedure. The woman waited until just before the statute of limitations was up to contact an attorney, who immediately filed suit against the surgeon. However, when the lawyer received the hospital records, it was clear that a hospital employee was actually to blame. By that time, it was too late to make a claim against the hospital and the woman was not able to recover anything. And as you can imagine this could be a rather devastating experience to endure.
- As time passes, injuries heal, scars disappear and victims learn to live with their disabilities. It then becomes difficult for jurors to imagine the pain and suffering of the injured.
- Likewise, memories of witnesses also fade with the passage of time. A witness statement made immediately after the time of injury carries more weight than one made years later. Also, as time goes by, a witness may move and records may be lost or destroyed.
- Gathering the necessary records, such as x-rays and doctors’ notes, takes time. In some states, this fact-gathering process cannot even begin until after a lawsuit is filed. So, again, though it’s crucial to have a qualified attorney on your side, it is in your best interest to take action as soon as you realize something went wrong and you might have a case.
- You will need the testimony of a medical expert to prove negligence. And the more time you have to find this witness, the better.
- The big insurance companies will not usually concern themselves with cases that have not been filed. To them, an unfiled lawsuit is not a serious threat and will be ignored.
- It is common for medical malpractice cases to be settled without ever even going to trial. However, it is still necessary for your attorney to file your lawsuit before negotiating in case the negotiations break down. You don’t want to lose any precious time in the process.
When your child suffers an injury during birth due to negligence on behalf of your healthcare provider, you need to act fast. Your child may be entitled to thousands of dollars for his injuries, lost wages, medical bills and long term care. At the Law Office of Attorney Dan Newlin Chicago, we have proudly recovered over 150 Million Dollars for injury and accident victims and we will fight for you and your child!!!
My staff and I always consider it an honor to be contacted by the everyday people who are personally suffering with or have a loved one suffering with Cerebral Palsy as a result of someone else negligence, and we will always be ready to listen to all of your concerns over the damages and losses you have suffered as a result of you or your loved ones Cerebral Palsy accident. Attorney Dan Newlin and his team of experienced Cerebral Palsy lawyers will fight for you. No matter where you live in Illinois, Chicago or the Suburbs we are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days week, Attorney Dan Newlin or one of his experienced Cerebral Palsy attorneys will be honored to meet you in person to advise you of all of your legal rights and will be honored to personally help you during this difficult time.
Attorney Dan Newlin and his experienced team of Chicago attorneys have proudly recovered over 150 Million Dollars for injury and accident victims.
If you have questions about your Cerebral Palsy case call Attorney Dan Newlin now for a free consultation at 312-888-8000.