What should I do if I am involved in a Chicago taxi cab accident?
A taxi cab accident is a traumatic experience for all involved. If you were injured in an accident due to the negligence of another driver, you may be overwhelmed with what to do next. No matter where you live in Illinois, Chicago or the Suburbs we are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days week, Attorney Dan Newlin or one of his experienced Chicago taxi cab accident attorneys will be honored to meet you in person to advise you of all of your legal rights and will be honored to personally help you during this difficult time. If you have questions about your taxi cab accident call Attorney Dan Newlin now for a free consultation at 312-888-8000. Attorney Dan Newlin and his team of experienced lawyers will fight for you!
The experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Attorney Dan Newlin compiled the following steps you should follow to ensure you receive the benefits and compensation you are entitled to.
- Contact the authorities as soon as possible: Contact Chicago law enforcement and report the accident as soon as you are able. And when the police officer visits the scene and completes an accident report, be sure to get a copy of the report. If you are not able to get a copy at that time, make sure to get the officer’s name and report number so you can acquire a copy at a later time.
- Never admit fault: It is extremely important that you never sign any statement admitting fault in a taxi cab accident before consulting a qualified attorney, like those at the law offices of Attorney Dan Newlin.
- Immediately seek medical attention: Even if you think you suffered only minor cuts and bruises, you may have suffered injuries that aren’t immediately apparent. Only a medical professional can verify the extent of your injuries. Don’t find out you’ve sustained serious injuries after it’s too late.
- Take photos of the accident scene: Use the camera on your phone to capture photos of any car involved in the accident as well as the surrounding scene. And be sure to take pictures of any injuries sustained by your and your passengers along with any traffic control devices in the area, such as street signs, that may have been a contributing factor in the accident.
- Gather relevant information: While still at the scene, gather as much information on your own as you can. This includes the driver’s license numbers, license pates, vehicle info (year/make/model), and insurance info of all drivers involved in the accident. Even if you believe the police have this info, get as much as you can on your own.
- Consult a qualified Chicago accident attorney: Choose the knowledgeable attorneys at the Law Offices of Attorney Dan Newlin. We are experienced with negligence laws and will fight the big insurance companies for the compensation you deserve.
You’ve suffered enough with the injuries you sustained in your taxi cab accident. Don’t pay for the negligence of the at-fault driver.
Call the law offices of Attorney Dan Newlin at (312) 888-8000 and we will work with you to ensure you receive what you deserve for your personal injuries and property damage. Your consultation is free and we will answer any questions you may have about your claim.