Who can sue for Cerebral Palsy injuries?

Medical mistakes can cause injury to an otherwise healthy baby at any time during pregnancy, delivery or shortly after childbirth. Even the mishandling of an infant by any hospital worker can have lifelong consequences. Doctors are trained and required to adhere to a proper standard of care to prevent birth injuries. If a doctor fails to tell the mother of possible complications or makes a misdiagnosis, that standard of care may be violated. If a medical staff fails to follow protocol, both the mother’s and the baby’s lives could be endangered.

The first way in which a Cerebral Palsy claim may be filed is by the parents on behalf of the injured child. As a minor, the law requires that you represent your child in any claim for his or her injuries; your child is the plaintiff and the injured party, and it is your child who receives compensation. However, parents may also bring a claim on their own behalf for pain and suffering and for the costs of supporting a child whose injury greatly increases their costs of living.

If your child was injured during or before birth as the result of a surgery, medication, or other medical treatment, and believe the injury may have been the product of medical malpractice, you need an attorney that has experience in dealing with birth injury claims by your side to make sure you receive all the benefits and compensation you are entitled to. You need experienced and aggressive attorneys like Dan Newlin & Partners to help you get everything to which you may be entitled. Call us at (407) 888-8000 for a free consultation and to have all your questions answered regarding your injury.