Tag Archives: tractor trailer accident attorney

Who is going to pay for your medical bills?

Besides being injured, and having damage to your property, an auto-accident can put you in a position of financial hardship. An ambulance ride, ER visit, X-rays and follow-up appointments can quickly add up to thousands of dollars of medical bills. Who is responsible? Who will pay?

If you qualify for Personal Injury Protection (PIP), the PIP carrier will cover 80% of any and all medical expenses related to injuries sustained in the accident up to $10,000. Medical providers will submit bills to the PIP carrier (typically your insurance company), and will be paid directly on 80% of the balance. Once the insurance company has paid $10,000 in benefits, it will consider your PIP coverage to be “exhausted”. This does not mean that you cannot still treat with a doctor.

Who pays for the balance of the bills? Because PIP will only pay 80% of any medical bill, if will leave the remainder of the bill your responsibility. These outstanding balances constitute “out-of-pocket expenses”, which can be claimed as damages against the at-fault party. There may be other forms of coverage available to cover the remaining balance including Health Insurance, Medical Payment Auto Coverage, Medicaid or Medicare.

How do I handle my medical bills? Call the law office of Dan Newlin & Partners at (407) 888-8000 and consult with a tractor trailer accident Attorney: While you are focusing on recovering and getting better, allow us to handle the processing and payment of your medical bills. My staff and I always strive to ensure that our client’s medical bills are handled in a timely manner and are paid for by the proper party. As an additional service, we will work with all of the providers and negotiate lower balances on all of your outstanding bills.

WARNING: Improper handling of medical bills could result in them going to collections and possibly damaging your credit. Call me today for free advice concerning how to handle your medical bills.

What about damage to my vehicle?

When a person is involved in an auto-accident, a very important life-changing event occurs immediately: the loss of transportation. The loss of a vehicle can completely disrupt not only the vehicle owner, but their family as well. Most people use their vehicle for a variety of reasons including driving to and from work, dropping children off at school, running important errands, as a way to enjoy a family night out, or even in the course of their employment. To lose you car in the matter of seconds can throw your whole world into chaos.

How do I remove my vehicle from the scene? If the vehicle is drivable, the law enforcement officer will likely ask if you or someone you know is ok to drive the vehicle to your house or to a repair facility. However, if the vehicle is disabled, towing arrangements will have to be made. As a courtesy, the law enforcement officials will arrange for your vehicle to be towed. IT IS IMPORTANT to ask where the vehicle is being taken. You will want this information to relay to the insurance company.

Will I be responsible for the towing and storage costs? The insurance company for the driver who caused the accident normally will pay the reasonable towing and storage costs of your car. While determining whether your car is a “total loss,” they will continue to pay the storage costs. They will move the car from the repair shop to a wrecking yard or a free storage area if the insurance company declares the car a “total loss.” Before your car is moved, you will be called. You will have to pay the storage costs from the day of your refusal forward if you refuse to allow the insurance company to move your car. You can pay to have it towed to your home if you want to keep the vehicle. BE CAREFUL! If there is a dispute as to how the accident happened, the insurance company may further investigate the details of the accident. While doing so, the storage fees could be your responsibility!

How do I find out what to do with my vehicle? Call the law office of Dan Newlin & Partners at (407) 888-8000 and speak with a tractor trailer accident Lawyer today: If you have any questions concerning damage to your vehicle, please call me today for free legal advice. When it comes to damage to your vehicle, you often have several options to chose from. The insurance companies may not always show you all of the options. My staff is always ready to discuss what to do with your damaged vehicle and how best to ensure that you an informed on all decisions that you make concerning your vehicle. REMEMBER! From the minute the insurance company knows of an auto accident, teams of adjusters are assembled to being working against you. Call us first, BEFORE speaking with the insurance company. Help is just a phone call away.