Newlin Law Areas of Practice
What is Medical Payment Coverage or MedPay?
The state of Florida requires that all insured drivers carry $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP), to cover 80% of any medical bills directly related to injuries sustained in an auto-accident. What happens to the other 20%?
If your insurance policy has an elective provision called MedPay, or Medical Payment Coverage, you may entitled to full payment of your medical bills. MedPay is additional coverage that ensures that 100% of your medical bills are paid up to a certain coverage limit. For instance, if a person elects to carry $5,000 in MedPay, their medical bills will be covered up to $15,000 ($10,000 in PIP, and $5,000 in MedPay).
Do I have MedPay? Do I need MedPay? Call the law office of Dan Newlin & Partners at (407) 888-8000: Insurance policies are often written in coded language which conceal to the uneducated consumer available coverage and limits. My experienced staff will be happy to offer free advice concerning your policy, including a free consultation to go through your policy with you and explain your limits of coverage. If you have MedPay, it may affect the outcome of your case. Don’t be kept in the dark concerning your insurance policy. Please call me today for a free consultation.