FAQ's: Your Questions Answered
I Called Attorney Dan Newlin after my car accident. Dan and his team provided five star service and five star results. Dan won my case and got me $300,000.00. Thanks Dan!
Calling Attorney Dan Newlin after my car crash was my best decision! In a matter of minutes after my call, Dan’s team started working on my case. Dan won my case and got me 40x more than the insurance company offered me: $500,000.00. Thanks Dan!
I was crashed into and my boyfriend said you have to call Attorney Dan Newlin. Calling Dan was my best decision. His team was fully bi-lingual and treated me like family. Dan won my case and got me $750,000.00. Gracias Dan!
$100 Million Verdict
Largest verdict ever in Orlando, FL.
While riding as a passenger in a van, attorney Dan Newlin’s client sustained a serious brain injury as a result of the careless conduct of another person. Judgement entered. Pending collection.
$24 Million Verdict
Won for Wrongful Death of Police Officer.
An off-duty police officer was gunned down and robbed at a local shopping center where we successfully proved there was inadequate security and lighting contributing to the robbery, shooting, and death. Judgement entered. Pending collection.
Won for Seriously Injured Child.
Senior Trial Attorney Dutch Anderson tried this case and prevailed for our client!
Won for Slip and Fall Victim.
Client of Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys fell as a result of a defective walkway, insurance co. denied responsibility, thankfully we won!
Won for Car Accident Victim.
Attorney Dan Newlin’s client was hit head on and sustained serious injuries.
Won for Motorcycle Accident Victim.
The insurance company initially offered nothing, saying the accident was our client’s fault, Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys prevailed!
Won for Medical Malpractice.
Attorney Dan Newlin’s client was given the inappropriate medication, which caused her to go into cardiac arrest, as a result, my client sustained a severe brain injury.
Won for Car Accident Victim.
Client of Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys was rear ended and sustained injuries requiring surgery.
Won for Family Hit by Semi Truck.
Attorney Dan Newlin’s client and her family were rear-ended by a semi and all sustained injuries, thankfully we won!
Won for Wrongful Death.
Wrongful Death of a father of two minor children. Insurance company’s top offer was $50,000.00 and argued our client was responsible for the accident. The jury disagreed.
Won for Car Accident Victim.
Client of Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys was t-boned and underwent a single level disc replacement surgery.
Won for Bicycle Accident.
Attorney Dan Newlin’s client was hit by a pick-up running a stop sign causing serious injuries.
Won for Truck Accident.
Client of Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys was hit by a speeding tractor trailer and as a result sustained life threatening injuries.
Won for Boating Accident Victim.
The insurance company initially offered only $300,000 saying it was client’s fault, we prevailed!
Won for Motorcycle Accident.
Attorney Dan Newlin’s client was driving his motorcycle obeying all traffic laws when a careless driver pulled directly into his path, my client sustained traumatic injuries.
Won for T-Bone Collision.
Client of Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys sustained a severely fractured hip requiring surgery when a careless driver pulled into the path of his mini-van.
FAQ's: Your Questions Answered
Pedestrian Accidents FAQs
Although a portion of the pedestrian accidents that occur are the responsibility of the pedestrian, most often, pedestrian accidents are the result of negligence on someone else’s part. This negligence can be attributed to a driver of a vehicle, or to someone who has been entrusted to keeping the sidewalk or street safe such as a maintenance company. Another possibility for injury would be debris that has fallen from a truck or been left by a construction company.
Some of the most common types of pedestrian accidents include:
•A pedestrian is hit while a vehicle was turning or preparing to turn at an intersection.
•A pedestrian is hit in a mid-block collision where the pedestrian entered the driver’s field of view leaving little or no time to react.
•A pedestrian is struck in parking lot or other non-roadway area.
•A pedestrian is struck while walking or jogging along the side of the road going with the traffic.
•A pedestrian is running through an intersection (as opposed to mid-block).
•A pedestrian is struck by a backing vehicle.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Traffic crashes involving an injured pedestrian usually could have been avoided if the driver of a car, truck, or bus had not acted negligently or carelessly. Drunk driving, speeding, driver inattention, driver inexperience, malfunctioning traffic signs, debris on the road, failure to yield, and failure to stop are, unfortunately, common causes of pedestrian injuries and wrongful death.
When drivers don’t pay attention to the road, fail to stop at pedestrian crossings, or ignore road signs and speed, they put the lives of our children and loved ones in danger. Drivers may be distracted or simply not see a pedestrian crossing the street. However, when drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the risk of hitting a pedestrian is considerably increased.
A study in early 2010 concluded that Florida has a disproportionately high rate of fatal pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents. Since then, experts have been speculating as to why the state accounts for only 6% of the nation’s population but 11% of pedestrian accident fatalities and 17.4% of bicyclist accident fatalities. Experts have found several causes:
1) Behaviors. Experts agree that individual behaviors and poor decisions – such as the decision to drive distracted, despite the risk of Florida car accidents or the decision to cross outside of a crosswalk – are key to many Florida car accidents and traffic accidents. However, this alone does not explain why Florida residents’ decisions seem to result in more traffic fatalities. It is hard to judge, for example, whether Florida residents make these poor judgments more often or whether their decisions simply tend to have more serious consequences for some secondary reason.
2) The structure of roads. A study by the Surface Transportation Policy Partnership and Transportation for America found that the move from clustered traditional streets to high-speed highways poses special dangers for pedestrians. However, other experts claim that streets themselves do not cause accidents.
3) A graying population. Older drivers are often blamed for Florida car accidents, especially since Florida has a graying population. However, at least one study has found that the number of elderly persons killed in Florida pedestrian accidents is 17%. This is on par with the nation-wide average.
4) Design. Representatives of Bicycle/Pedestrian Advocates, a non-profit group, believe that most community designs are determined by developers, who may not always consider the needs of bicyclists and pedestrians when making design decisions.
5) Lack of education programs for pedestrians and bicyclists. According to the Florida Bicycle Association, there are few awareness programs designed specifically for bicyclists and pedestrians. Programs that remind pedestrians and bicyclists of safety rules or remind drivers about safety issues involving pedestrians and bicyclists could reduce some accidents, advocates believe.
There is some hope. Tampa was targeted as the US’s most deadly city for pedestrians in 2000 and the city got serious about changing that image. After introducing bike lanes, bike trails, crosswalks, education programs, more enforcement, more sidewalks, and other initiatives, the city’s rate of pedestrian accidents fell 56% between 2000 and 2008.
When involved in a motor vehicle-pedestrian/bicycle accident, the assistance of an experienced, aggressive attorney is invaluable to protect your rights and insure you get all the benefits you may be entitled to. Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys are exactly those types of attorneys, always fighting for everything our clients are entitled to. Our experience of handling over 10,000 personal injury cases, and dealing with most major insurance companies, allows us the ability answer all of your questions in a timely and professional manner and to maximize the value of your case insuring that you receive all the benefits that you are entitled. If you have any questions about what rights you may have as a result of being involved in a motor vehicle-pedestrian/bicycle accident or any other type of accident, please call Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys at 800-257-1822.