FAQ's: Your Questions Answered
Tractor Trailer Accident FAQs
Florida requires each driver to be insured for at minimum $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection, also commonly referred to as PIP. Personal Injury Protection will cover 80% of any medical bills as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident. The other 20%
can be covered by the insurance company if the driver has Medical Payment Coverage, more commonly referred to as Medpay.
Medpay is an elective provision that drivers can add to their policies at extra cost. If a driver carries the minimum amount of PIP at $10,000 and $5,000 in Medpay, the driver would be covered for medical bills up to $15,000.
Adding Medpay can be beneficial for car insurance policyholders. If you get into a car vehicle accident and your health insurance does not cover all of your medical bills or the other driver is uninsured, or their insurance company is not paying the bills immediately due
to a dispute over liability, Medpay can cover or lessen the extensive costs of medical treatment.
Call Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys at 800-257-1822. We first and foremost recommend consulting with a Florida medical payment attorney and then follow up by contacting us. Automobile insurance companies are experts in making money while offering as little coverage as they can. To make sure you’re fully covered, it is important to consult with professionals about your policy and find out what coverage is best for you. We offer free advice and consultation to everyone. Call today 800-257-1822.